If you're serious about launching your own game development studio, you'll need to navigate legal and business issues the likes of copyright disputes, disagreements over contract wording, and more. Avoid squandering your savings on exorbitant lawyer fees by learning to address these issues yourself. And for those especially sticky situations that really require lawyer consultation, you'll learn tips and tricks for hiring the right person at a rate that won't leave your wallet hurting.
- Navigate legal & business issues related to game development w/ 15.5 hours of content
- Write & negotiate your own contracts for clients
- Avoid losing clients due to intellectual property violations & more
- Save money on services you would otherwise outsource to a lawyer
- Understand when to consult w/ a lawyer, how to hire that person & how to negotiate for the lowest fee
- Learn to prevent legal problems & avoid lawsuits
Shaun Spalding is an intellectual property attorney who represents Youtubers, game developers, and digital media companies. His clients include some of the top 40 most-viewed and most-subscribed Youtube channels in the world. He aims to share all his knowledge through his courses, has spoken at conferences like SXSW Interactive and New Media Expo, and has mentored over a dozen law students and legal clerks on topics ranging from contract drafting to copyright principles. For more details on the course and instructor, click here
This course is hosted by StackSkills, the premier eLearning destination for discovering top-shelf courses on everything from coding—to business—to fitness, and beyond!